Full Stack Web developer
Watch my video-introduction:
Hello my name is Sergei Kozlov. I am a Full Stack Web developer, with over 12 years of computer programming experience.
I created my own project Vide.me alone, which consists of 1,000,000 lines of code written by me personally.
In my current role as a Full Stack Web developer at Vide.me, I have been able to successfully overcome challenges such as:
- Third-party Frameworks showed low efficiency, insufficient for the hardware we used, so I wrote my own Framework, which turned out to be 10% more efficient than others.
- There was no ready-made solution in the world for pipeline processing and uploading video to CDN, and I created my own solution that performs all my tasks.
- Using off-the-shelf cluster solutions (Kubernetes) is expensive and to save money I have set up Docker Swarm failover clusters in the US and Europe, saving myself over $2200 a year.
- In the past, my publicists created content and left forever, so in order to keep them, I created a service that collects geo-data of page visits and turns them into beautiful geo-charts, emails them to authors. This way I retain users 20% more effectively.
Programming is my passion.
I love complex tasks, because for me it is an opportunity to gain new knowledge and new experience. I use creative solutions to solve every problem.
Also in my work I use perseverance. In my practice, there were tasks about which they write on the Internet that there are no solutions to these problems. But I never backed down. I was looking for a solution for 2-3 weeks for 8-10 hours a day. And at the end of a difficult journey, I always find a solution.
RELEVANT CAREER OBJECTIVE
PHP developer / Software Engineer
Full Stack Web developer at Vide.me 06/2011-present
- Developed my own framework with over 200 API, which became ~10% more efficient than Symphony / Laravel.
- Implemented my own system for encoding videos and uploading them to CDN.
- All applications have been migrated to their own Docker Swarm clusters in Amazon AWS USA and Europe. This increased fault tolerance and reduced the deployment time for CI/CD processes.
- Implemented a full-text search system in user publications.
- A system for fixing and analytics of geo-data of users has been implemented. This allowed to show ranked content to users. And also build geo-charts of views for publicists.
- Deployed its own system for sending email messages to users. This made it possible to retain customers 20% more efficiently.
System Administrator at Teploenergoremont 12/2000-present
- PHP framework: PHPUnit, phpmailer, league/oauth2, google/apiclient, aws/aws-sdk-php, predis, php-ffmpeg, php-image-resize, video-thumbnail-sprite, geoip2.
- Linux shell scripting
- HTML / CSS
- Ubuntu / Windows Server
- Docker (Swarm / Compose / Maintenance / Life Cycle of Containers / Data Management)
- SQL PostgreSQL MySQL MS SQL (Full Text Search / Replication / Backup)
- NoSQL (Redis / DynamoDB / Couchbase)
- CDN AWS / Cloudflare
- Let’s Encrypt
- Virtualization (KVM / LXC / Proxmox / VirtualBox)
- IDEs PhpStorm / IntelliJ IDEA / Visual Studio
- Servers administration
- Video Converting / Encoding
- Linux bash / shell
- Cloud AWS / Rackspace
- Web servers Nginx / Apache
- JSON / YAML / XML
- Git (GitHub / GitLab)
- I have the ability to learn and teach.
- I like to patiently solve complex problems using creativity.
- Responsible, Accountability, Honesty, Open-Mindedness.
- I can work in a team.
Associate’s degree in Computer Sciences
College of Electronics, Ryazan
Graduated in 2006 (diploma with distinction)
Specialization: computer and network technician
- English – (В1)
- Czech – (В1)
- Russian – (C2)
Over the past 3 years, trained as mentor 6 students as programmers for various industries. All students have success completed studies and got a diploma.
Given the time difference, please let me know the time of your call. It is preferable to use to contact me: